In late 1955, a group of five gentlemen met at a house in Flint to start the wheels in motion of building another private golf course and club in the Flint area. These five gentlemen were Chuck Kelly, Homer Strahle, Bill Gregor, Ed Titus, Vic Ryden and Bob MacDonald.
Various lands, parcels and existing golf courses were investigated. Vic Ryden approached Pete Sharp who was attempting to develop an area in Grand Blanc known as the Lenz Farm; two houses were planned to be built on the north end of the property consisting of 320 acres.
Almost all of the sixty-five Warwick Realty stockholders, who had already invested $2,500, purchased a lot for $300. This is how capital for this venture was developed. About the same time, they started selling memberships in the golf club for $1,620.
Next came the task of turning the farm into a playable course. James Gilmore Harrison, a golf course architect from Turtle Creek, Pennsylvania, took on the job and within sixty days plans were laid out. Lauren Shook was hired as the Club Pro to oversee the building and the course, which started in late summer of 1956. In June of 1957, the first foursome teed off on what is now the 10th hole.