Membership at Warwick Hills Golf & Country Club cannot be defined by just one description. It is the opportunity to build lifelong relationships. It is the chance to play a world-renowned, 18-hole golf course. It is a family friendly environment.
If you would like further information on any of our memberships or would like to schedule a tour of our facilities, please feel free to contact our Membership Director Stacey Riley at 810-694-4920
All golfing memberships give members use of the world-renowned 18-hole golf course. There are many golf activities available to participate in. Practice facilities, club storage, and locker rooms are provided for members to use. Dining and banquet facilities are available for everyday use or special events. Warwick Hills also has state of the art synthetic clay tennis courts and a six-lane pool, which are available in the summer months. Programs offered for children include tennis, swimming, and golf.
Social memberships include access to dining and banquet facilities for everyday use or special events.
In early 1955 some gentleman at Flint Golf Club began discussing the idea that there should be another private golf club in the Flint area, since the demand for membership at the Flint Country Club was already greater than the facilities available. In late 1955 or early 1956 a group of five gentleman met at Chuck Kelly's house in Flint to start the wheels in motion of building another private golf course and club. These five gentleman were Chuck Kelly, Homer Strahle, Bill Gregor, Ed Titus and Vic Ryden and attorney Bob MacDonald. Sixty-five stockholders, with an investment of $2500.00 each for a share of stock, became known as Warwick Realty. Warwick Realty was determined to attract as many members as possible to invest money in a golf course and development of land around such a course.
Various lands parcels and existing golf courses were investigated. Vic Ryden approached Pete Sharp who was attempting to develop an area in Grand Blanc known as the Lenz farm; two houses were planned to be built on the north end of the property consisting of 320 acres.
Almost all of the sixty-five Warwick Realty stockholders, who had already invested $2500.00, purchased a lot for $300.00; this is how capital for this venture was developed. About the same time, they started selling memberships in the golf club for $1620.00 and most of the sixty-five stockholders bought a membership. Bud Aikman was the one who divided the property, which interesting to note, had not been plotted. It was then discovered that some individuals had chosen the same lot; so to be fair, a lottery was held to decide who received which property.
Next came the task of turning the "farm" into a playable golf course. James Gilmore Harrison, a golf course architect from Turtle Creek, Pennsylvania took on the job and within sixty days, plans were laid out for the championship golf course now called, Warwick Hills Golf & Country Club. Lauren Shook was hired as the Club Pro to oversee the building of the course, which started during the late summer of 1956. Iin June of 1957, the first foursome teed off on what is now the 10th hole. As Chuck Kelly remembers, "It may not have been one of the greatest courses, but, it was a golf course..."
G-9057 South Saginaw
Grand Blanc, MI 48439
Clubhouse Office: 810-694-4103
Golf Shop: 810-694-9251
Maintenance Building: 810-694-4952
Head Golf Professional
Director of Events
Golf Course Superintendent
If you are inquiring about a Warwick Hills Membership or have a general question or concern, please click the button below to send an email. We will respond back shortly.